Amongst all best things about our country, one is the Rashtrapati Bhavan which is the second largest residence and largest monument of our country. The most interesting and amazing fact about it is it's Dome which is superimposed on its structure. The Bhavan has a testimony to several events.
Want to know about some more interesting facts? Take a look below:
1) Another interesting fact about the Bhavan is that it has 300 rooms including presidential office, guests, and staff room
Image Source: http://www.invhome.in/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Rashtrapati-Bhavan_05.jpg
2) The monument’s structure was started to build in 1912 and completed in 1929. It has got the strength to have 750 staff which is so much more amazing.
Image Source: http://static.ibnlive.com/pix/slideshow/08-2009/khel-ratna-arjuna/AARATNA_BHAVAN_630.jpg
3)700 billion bricks and 3 million cubic feet of stones are used in the building of its structure. That’s just #WOW
Image Source: http://iaomrcon2017.com/slides/slide-3.jpg
4) The Bhavan took 17 years for its completion and guess what? Approximately 29000 workers worked for it.
Image Source: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g4VmLE_eOdw/Vew4C6SDhsI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/2nY18UtpbTo/s1600/105885a3-e44c-41c3-8111-eb086e540aa5WallpAutoWallpaper2.JPG
5) In terms of area, it is one of the largest residences of a head of state in the world. The Presidential Palace is the second largest in the world after the Quirinal Palace, Rome, Italy.
6) It was known as the viceroy’s house before independence.
Image Source: http://www.gotripperz.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=169.0;attach=8816;image
7) Straight outside the Darbar wall, you can see the India Gate
Image Source: http://www.culturalindia.net/iliimages/India-Gate-ili-49-img-1.jpg
8 )It comprises of various gardens of different shapes such as rectangular, long and circular. The garden having terraced bowl flower beds blooming with different colours is the circular garden.
Image Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C30BjvqXAAA-Fsk.jpg
9)There is a gift museum in the Rashtrapati Bhavan. A silver chair which weighs about 640 kg and was used by British Emperor George V at the Delhi Durbar held in 1911-12.
10) The banquet hall is the most impressive banquet in there which has the capacity of 104 guests chairs at one time. It consists of secret galleries, for the musician, portraits of former presidents and much more.
Image Source: https://i2.wp.com/brahmanbaria24.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%9F%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BF-7.jpg?resize=265%2C140
Like these interesting facts? Then hit like, comment with better suggestions and ideas and subscribe for more.